Nanyang Technological University invites applications for the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship. This fellowship is open to the applicants who are graduated with a Ph.D. degree and no more than 5 years of full-time postdoctoral experience.
The fellowship provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research-intensive university in Asia.
Who May Eligible NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at Nanyang Technological University followed by a further year at a WASP partner institution in Sweden
- Graduated with a Ph.D. degree and no more than 5 years of full-time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- The applicant is required to submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy
- Be available to take up the position no later than 1 June 2019
How to Apply for NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://venus.wis.ntu.edu.sg/POAL/OnlineApplicationModule/frmOnlineApplication.aspx
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (Ph.D.’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages)
- The contact information of two referees (one must be your Ph.D. Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefits:
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- For the first year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD$100,000
- An annual salary of up to SGD$80,000
- Relocation allowance and generous housing grant for the entire duration of Fellowship
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and data analytics, software and security, mobility and autonomy at Nanyang Technological University and leading WASP research partner institutions in Sweden
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
- For the second year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according to the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Deadline:
Applications for the Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 are now open and shall close on 30 November 2018. Click here now to Apply.